Four Best Practices for Cleaning Up data in Sage ACT
This blog covers the 4 best practices that we have discovered in managing data in Sage ACT. Not just managing it but cleaning it up.
How to best clean up data in Sage ACT
Feel free to implement these four best practices to maintain your ACT database in the best possible condition.
- De-Duplication by merging contacts. The three top toolsfor de-duplicating ACT are (a) The Duplinator [this tool works only in ACT 5/6 (b) The Fuzzy Logic De-duper by the folks at E-Grabber (c) The De-duplication Wizard by Pat Egen (aka PEC). These provide 3 high-quality options:
- Deduping multiple contacts all at once
- Fuzzy Logic evaluation. The user is now empowered to combine John Smith, John H. Smith and Dr. John Smith into a single contact.
- Make sure you have no loss of data: If multiple contacts are combined into one, then several note records are created in order to capture the data from the mulitple, combined and deleted contacts.
How to get the Most of ACT!
This White Paper discusses the most important CRM partner selection criteria. Points include Pricing, Productivity, Support, Presentations, Rating the vendors, managing the RFP Process, Proof of Concept, Negotiation with CRM partners, Vendor Scorecard and more.
Data Integration/Migration using SQL Integration Services (SSIS … – I wrote a blog article last year on how to integrate Microsoft Dynamics CRM using SQL Integration Service (SSIS) 2005 (http://tiny. I hope that article provided you with an alternative solution for your integration/data migration project with CRM. Due to the limited capabilities in SSIS 2005 with CRM web services, we created a proxy class as a work around to provide easy access to the CRM API.
CRM2011 « XRM Experts – Microsoft recently released this tool to validate all the java script and HTML web resources on CRM on premise or online. Java script validated via this tool will handle cross browser support once it is out in next couple of months. Recently I was asked by a customer to populate city, county and state depending on the zip code for accounts and contact.
Incoming CRM search terms:
- how to clean up an act database