How to get started with Sage ACT Smart Task Templates
Getting started with Sage ACT Smart Tasks and Templates
Smart Tasks is the automation and workflow function within ACT!. This excellent feature was introduced in ACT 2011 (version 13.0) and is managed by configuring a set of connected stages.
Several examples of Sage ACT Smart Tasks/Templates
- Scheduling an activity
- Sending a scheduled e-mail
- Send Sage ACT! E-marketing email
- Sending a birthday greeting
- Sales Opportunity A Week From Close
- Sales Opportunity Follow Up
- New Record Creation (Contact, Company, etc)
- Birthday Greeting
- Auto email: New Contact Welcome
- Birthday Reminder
- Signal for Contacts With No Activity
- Email to internal manager: High Value Opportunity Alert
Important Factors in defining a Smart Task:
- When a step should be performed
- Who the Smart Task is scheduled for
How to Trigger a Smart Task
- These can be triggered manually
- These can be triggered automatically – by a condition
- As of the latest version of Sage ACT, Smart Tasks run as a service and thus do not require that the user be logged in to ACT.
Smart Task triggers are defined as a events which fulfilll a condition – and thus signal when a Smart Task should be run.
How to manage ACT Smart Task Templates
Users are able to use the Manage Smart Tasks view to identify a list of their Smart Tasks. The Manage Smart Tasks window has several tabs (a) the Templates tab allows users to see, create, update, or delete Smart Tasks templates and (b) the Status tab which allows users to see the current status of each Smart Task.
In order to reach the Manage Smart Tasks window box, from the Schedule menu, click Manage Smart Tasks.
Although ACT is moving in the right direction with Smart Tasks, the top 2 CRM products that offer more workflow functions, yet are priced similarly are: Microsoft CRM and SugarCRM.
Click here to download our Free Microsoft Dynamics CRM Evaluation.
- Total Cost of Ownership of Microsoft CRM
- MS Dynamics vs Salesforce
- Pros & Cons of Hosted vs OnPremise CRM
Click here to get this new Free Sugar CRM Study.
To understand your workflow and CRM options within SugarCRM, download this excellent evaluation document.
- Automation configuartion
- Special Fields (e.g. Show-Hide)
- Related Fields (related to other modules/entities)
- Mathematical Fields
- Configuring Dependent Drop-Downs
- Configuring Favorites
- Understanding the Favorites Dashboard
- Twitter/LinkedIn/Facebook/Social integration
- Reporting Options (grouping, filtering, scheduling)
- User Screen enhancements
- Sugar Mobile options
Tags: ACT Smart Task Templates, Examples of Sage ACT Smart Tasks, Getting Started With ACT Smart Tasks, How to define a Sage ACT Smart Task, How to manage Sage ACT Smart Tasks, How to Trigger a Sage ACT Smart Task, How to use Sage ACT Smart Tasks, What is Smart Task with ACT 2011