Review of Sage ACT Workflow Feature called Smart Tasks
User Review of Sage ACT! Workflow “Smart Task” Features
ACT has always had Activity Series, yet Smart Tasks are exactly that – very smart seriews of activities. They are automated workflows built into Sage ACT. Click here for a comparison of Activity Series and Smart Tasks.
We have identified 9 Sage ACT workflow features
(1) Any Smart Task item can be run manually via right click or by using the Schedule menu
(2) ACT! Smart Task steps can run in the background or the foreground. Foreground steps will display in the Smart Task Pending Dialog
(3) ACT! users also have the Run Once capability. This functions for automatically scheduled Smart Tasks. “Run once” functionality is per user per contact. And one crucial comment: Manual Run always trumps Run Once
(4) Each ACT Smart Task has Sequence Steps. These steps are based on the completion of a previous step; e.g., when an Email completion step runs, a history is generated “Email sent”; or when an Activity is completed, a history is created on that contact’s record.
(5) Some ACT! users will appreciate the fact that users can build in a fixed day delay before an email is sent as a step!
(6) ACT! administrators will be glad that all ACT Smart Tasks are running in the database for the current (logged in) user. Functions include: pause, stop, resume.
(7) All ACT! users are able to filter the Smart Task list in order to manage them better
(8) Smart Tasks can be flagged as public or private. The Security model for ACT! user types and their ability to create and modify Smart Tasks matches that of Activity Series. So if you love ACT!’s Activity Series, you will already have a head start. It is important to though that Activity Series are not converted to Smart Task Templates
(9) In ACT 2013, Smart Tasks run as a Service in Windows. This allows them to be triggered even when the user is not logged into ACT.
Video overview of Smart Tasks in ACT
With this tool, you will be able to compare the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of more than 10 of the top CRM systems – including ACT, Microsoft and Salesforce
The comparison calculator includes the following CRM software systems: Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Salesforce.com, SugarCRM, Saleslogix, Sage CRM, Sage ACT, and more…
You will be able to plug in your numbers and compare the results between various CRM systems. This tool was created by CRM professionals – and is now available to our readers.
With this tool, you will be able to identify the key TCO line items that are relevant for any CRM implementation. We have also included data for comparing CRM software systems such as Microsoft CRM, Salesforce.com, SugarCRM, Sage CRM, Sage SalesLogix and more. You will be able to view the 3 Year and 5 Year Total Cost of Ownership for both SaaS (Online/On-Demand) and Licensed (On-premise) pricing models.
TCO line items listed below:
- License/User price
- Hardware (incl. Server and Users)
- and more…
Click here to download the CRM TCO calculation and comparison tool.
With this excel tool, you will be able to compare the features and details of the top CRM systems.
You will be able to compare and evaluate the following CRM business software systems: Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Infusion, Goldmine, Saleslogix, and more…
CRM evaluation topics include: Matrix of Features, Price/Licensing, Available Entities/Modules, Network/Hardware Platforms, and more…
You will be able to view the pros and cons of these CRM solutions side by side – and compare the strengths and weaknesses of these various CRM systems. This tool was created by CRM experts – and is now available to our readers.
Using this Excel spreadsheet tool, you will be empowered to recognize the chief differences between almost 10 of the top CRM systems, including Sage SalesLogix, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Pivotal, GoldMine, Sage ACT! and more.
CRM Comparison Topics include:
- CRM Features
- Costs and Pricing (Licensing, etc..)
- Entities and Modules (e.g. SFA, Marketing, Service, etc)
- Feature Details (Sync, Call Center, Quoting, E-commerce, Lead Management, Security, Workflow, and much more.
- Network and Hardware (Microsoft, Linux, etc…)
- NAICS and Industry information
Click here to access the CRM Comparison Excel spreadsheet comparison tool.
With this spreadsheet tool, you will be able to compare the various price factors in the Online and On-Premise CRM deployment models.
This tool addresses various CRM deployment models, including (a) Online vs On-Premise, (b) SaaS vs Licensing and (c) Hosted vs Installed CRM.
With this tool, you will also be able to plug in your numbers and compare the results between various CRM implementation options. This tool was created by CRM gold partners – and is now available to our readers.
Click here to access and download the CRM Comparison Excel spreadsheet comparison tool.
Incoming CRM search terms:
- sage act activity vs task