Sage ACT! Tip: Configuring Outlook as your E-mail Client
Instructions for setting up Outlook and ACT
Sage ACT! 2011 E-Mail will work with MS Outlook versions 2002 (XP), 2003, 2007, or 2010. It is crucial to note that in order for ACT! and Outlook to properly work together, ACT! must have been installed after Outlook was installed. Therefore if you installed or upgraded Outlook after you installed ACT!, you will definitely have to uninstall and reinstall ACT! before configuring Outlook as your email client for ACT!
Read this PDF Whitepaper to understand the details including the screenshots.
Steps for configuring Outlook
To set up Outlook as your e-mail client in ACT!, you will need to follow these steps:
1. Select the Tools menu, and then click Preferences. The Preferences dialog box appears.
2. Select the E-mail & Outlook Sync tab and Select the E-mail System Setup button.
3. The following E-mail Setup Wizard appears. Select Next at the Welcome to the E-mail setup Wizard dialog box (if necessary).
4. The following E-mail dialog box appears:
5. Select to enable the Microsoft Outlook e-mail system check box, and then click Next. The following E-mail – Outlook Address Books dialog box appears:
This page of the wizard allows you to add up to three ACT! databases as address books to Outlook.
6. After clicking next, the E-mail Editor dialog box appears:
7. For the Select an e-mail editor option, two options are available to choose from: ACT! Email Editor or Microsoft Outlook (recommended). Here are your choices.
- (a) The ACT! Email Editor: When you click on the E-mail option from the side toolbar the ACT! E-mail program will launch with your Outlook folders displayed. If you click either the Write menu, and then click E-mail message, or click the contacts e-mail address hyperlink from the E-mail field, the ACT! E-mail program will launch with your Outlook folders displayed (if not already open) and the default ACT! e-mail template will appear properly addressed.
- (b) Microsoft Outlook: When you click on the E-mail option from the side toolbar, click the Write menu, and then click E-mail message, or click the contacts e-mail address hyperlink from the E-mail field the default Outlook e-mail template appears properly addressed. You must open Outlook to view your folder when using this option.
- Please Note: If you choose the Microsoft Outlook option, you must setup an ACT! address book to enable history and attachments controls. You must also disable Microsoft Office Word as the editor for Outlook e-mail messages. For help on how to do this, please use the following steps:
- a. In Outlook, click the Tools menu, and then click Options. The Options dialog box appears.
- b. Under the Mail Format tab, clear the Use Microsoft Office Word <version> to edit e-mail messages check box.
- c. Click Apply and OK.
- Note: If you choose the Microsoft Outlook option you will not be allowed to add any other e-mail programs to the ACT! E-mail client such as Outlook Express or Lotus Notes®. It is recommended that you select the ACT! Email Editor option if you would like to setup more then one E-mail client in ACT!.
- Note: Edit Signatures: This option is available only when using the ACT! e-mail program option. You may select your default signature that will appear in a new message from the drop-down. For detailed information on how to create an e-mail signature in ACT!, please refer to the following Knowledgebase Answer:
Tip: How to Create a E-mail Signature in ACT! (ACT Knowledge Base ID: 22073)
8. Click Next to advance the E-mail Setup Wizard. The E-mail – Record History dialog box appears:
On this screen, you are able to select the type of history recording option when you send e-mail to ACT! contacts. Selecting Make History Private will create private Histories when using the selected recording option. The Record History options available are:
- • None
- • E-mail Subject Only
- • E-mail Subject and Message (Recommended)
- • E-mail Subject, Message and all Attachments
9. Click Next to advance to the next page in the wizard. The Email – Attach to ACT! Contacts dialog box appears:
From this page of the wizard, you are able to select how ACT! should attach messages as history records. The same options from the previous page in the wizard for history recording are available from list. In addition, you can choose the options for the Quick Attach function. Click Next and the E-mail – Activity page appears.
10. From the Select the application that displays the activity alarm list, select ACT!, Outlook, or both applications to be used with the iCalendar feature.
You can also select an option for creating an ACT! activity when accepting an Outlook meeting invitation:
- • Edit and create activity: This is the default and this setting means you can edit the activity in either calendar
- • Automatically create activity: This setting means you will not receive a confirmation of the activity being scheduled on your ACT! calendar.
To have ACT! create contacts when it cannot match addresses, select Create contacts if they are not found.
11. Click Next to proceed and the Finishing E-mail Setup dialog box appears:
12. Select Finish to close the Finishing E-mail Setup dialog box.
With this tool, you will be able to compare the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of more than 10 of the top CRM systems.
The comparison calculator includes the following CRM software systems: Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Salesforce.com, SugarCRM, Saleslogix, Sage CRM, Sage ACT, and more…
You will be able to plug in your numbers and compare the results between various CRM systems. This tool was created by CRM professionals – and is now available to our readers.
With this tool, you will be able to identify the key TCO line items that are relevant for any CRM implementation. We have also included data for comparing CRM software systems such as Microsoft CRM, Salesforce.com, SugarCRM, Sage CRM, Sage SalesLogix and more. You will be able to view the 3 Year and 5 Year Total Cost of Ownership for both SaaS (Online/On-Demand) and Licensed (On-premise) pricing models.
TCO line items include:
- License/User price
- Hardware (incl. Server and Users)
- and more…
With this excel tool, you will be able to compare the features and details of the top CRM systems.
You will be able to compare and evaluate the following CRM business software systems: Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Infusion, Goldmine, Saleslogix, and more…
CRM evaluation topics include: Matrix of Features, Price/Licensing, Available Entities/Modules, Network/Hardware Platforms, and more…
You will be able to view the pros and cons of these CRM solutions side by side – and compare the strengths and weaknesses of these various CRM systems. This tool was created by CRM experts – and is now available to our readers.
Using this Excel spreadsheet tool, you will be empowered to recognize the chief differences between almost 10 of the top CRM systems, including Sage SalesLogix, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Pivotal, GoldMine, Sage ACT! and more.
CRM Comparison Topics include:
- CRM Features
- Costs and Pricing (Licensing, etc..)
- Entities and Modules (e.g. SFA, Marketing, Service, etc)
- Feature Details (Sync, Call Center, Quoting, E-commerce, Lead Management, Security, Workflow, and much more.
- Network and Hardware (Microsoft, Linux, etc…)
NAICS and Industry information
With this spreadsheet tool, you will be able to compare the various price factors in the Online and On-Premise CRM deployment models.
This tool addresses various CRM deployment models, including (a) Online vs On-Premise, (b) SaaS vs Licensing and (c) Hosted vs Installed CRM.
With this tool, you will also be able to plug in your numbers and compare the results between various CRM implementation options. This tool was created by CRM gold partners – and is now available to our readers.
Comparison Webinar: Microsoft CRM 2011 vs Salesforce.com
This comparison between Salesforce.com and Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 will assist you in your CRM evaluation. To view the on-demand webinar, click the image below.
Incoming CRM search terms:
- act! ver 17 does not record sent email
- Setup ACT! contacts on Outlook
- cant get outlook in sage act 2009 v11
- ACt! 17 Email set up doesnt show Outlook 2010
- Act! 17 does not chow Outlook 10 in setup
- ACT email editor outlook not working
- act crm import outlook greyed out
- act configuration with outlook
- act address book service is not properly
- act 2008 setting up emial to record in history