Sage ACT Tutorial Video – How to Customize Fields and Screens
How to Customize Sage ACT Fields and Layouts
This third Webinar in our ACT Database Design Training series builds on Part 2 (editing drop-downs) and focuses on Defining Fields as an ACT CRM database administrator. The functionality described here works for ACT 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011, 2012 and 2013.
Highlights of this Sage ACT tutorial include:
- Editing an existing field
- Beware: You may not want a character field. You might prefer a currency, date or decimal field.
- Limitations in re-using or converting an existing field or User field
- Limitations in Naming your fields (Watch out for special characters such as hyphens and slashes)
- The value of Mandatory Fields (using Allow Blank). We DO NOT recommend making fields mandatory.
- What are Primary fields and are they valuable.
- Associating a drop-down can be done at any time.
- Multi-select vs Single-select
- The value of Limit To List for Drop-Downs. Beware, If you Limit To List, then multi-select will malfunction!
- Do you want to Show Descriptions?
- Type Ahead should be enabled.
- Default value
- Field Format can prove valuable (e.g. Social Security Number), but is rarely used
- Be careful in defining your Field Length. Don’t just accept the default value of 50. Keep it short if possible.
Do you need advanced ACT by Sage help or support? Do you have questions about Sage ACT add ons? Or do you simply need a review or demo of Sage ACT Premium, including its features and options for upgrading? Please don’t hesitate to contact us!
Do you require a comparison of CRM products such as ACT by Sage 2011 Premium, SalesLogix (web, cloud), SugarCRM (Open Source, hosted, SAAS), Microsoft Dynamics CRM (integrated, workflow, web based online CRM) vs Salesforce (SAAS, online web based CRM)? No worries! Just give us a call!
Sage ACT Customization PowerPoint
Incoming CRM search terms:
- sage act training video